Parknasilla, Co. Kerry

The Parknasilla Hotel, near Sneem, west of Kenmare, Co. Kerry, is in the grounds formerly owned by Charles Graves (1812-1899), Professor of Mathematics at Trinity College Dublin in 1843-1862, then Bishop of Limerick, Ardfert and Aghadoe in 1866-1869. Graves' house was the original hotel for a few years from 1895 and was then used as a staff house. It was renovated in 1990 and is again in use as a staff house. It is called the Bishop's House and is about 100 yards along the small road just to the right of the entrance to the hotel. There is a plaque on the wall by the road. [Bailey].

Search the Gazetteer:

Previous entry Next entry
Gazetteer Index Map form of the Gazetteer index
Main MacTutor index

An extract from The Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles created by David Singmaster

The original site is at THIS LINK