References for Dorothea Beale
- D G Amphlett, Gloucester: History You Can See (The History Press, 2015).
- J Kamm, How different from us: A biography of Miss Buss and Miss Beale (Routledge, 2012).
- M P G Kerr, The work and influence of Dorothea Beale in the light of developments in the education of girls and women since 1850 (M.A. dissertation, University of London, 1951).
- E Raikes, Dorothea Beale of Cheltenham (Archibald Constable and Company Ltd., London, 1908).
- H E Shillito, Dorothea Beale: principal of the Cheltenham Ladies' College. 1858-1906 (Society for promoting Christian Knowledge, London; The Macmillan Co., New York, 1920).
- F C Steadman, In the days of Miss Beale: A study of her work and influence (E J Burrow, London, 1931).
- J Beaumont, Beale, Dorothea (1831-1906), Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (Oxford, 2004).
See THIS LINK.
- Dorothea Beale, Encyclopaedia Britannica (11th Edition) (1911).
- Dorothea Beale, Encyclopedia of World Biography (2004).
- Dorothea Beale of Cheltenham, The Spectator (28 November 1908), 24-25.
- N English, The Teaching of Mathematics by Women in 19th Century Britain (B.Sc. Project, University of St Andrews, 2016).
- S Mitchell, Dorothea Beale, Victorian Britain (Routledge Revivals): An Encyclopedia (Routledge, 2012), 69.
- J Simkin, Dorothea Beale, Spartacus Educational (September 1997).