References for Piers Bohl
- A P Youschkevitch, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990).
See THIS LINK.
- A D Myskis and I M Rabinovic, Mathematician Piers Bohl from Riga: With a commentary by the grand master M M Botvinnik on the chess play of P Bohl (Russian), Izdat. Zinatne (Riga, 1965).
- Yu M Gaiduk, Evaluation of the scientific work of Piers Bohl by his contemporaries (Russian), Tartu State University, History of development, training of personnel, and scientific research II (Tartu, 1982), 28-39.
- A Kneser and A Meder, Piers Bohl zum Gedächtnis, Jahresberichte der Deutschen Mathematiker-Vereinigung 33 (1925), 25-32.
- L L Kul'vetsas, P Bohl's fourth thesis and Hilbert's sixth problem (Russian), Studies in the history of physics and mechanics, 1986 (Moscow, 1986), 62-93.
- A D Myskis and I M Rabinovic, The first proof of a fixed-point theorem for a continuous mapping of a sphere into itself, given by the Latvian mathematician P G Bohl (Russian), Uspekhi matematicheskikh nauk (NS) 10 (3) (65) (1955), 188-192.