References for Jeremiah Horrocks
- W Applebaum, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990).
See THIS LINK.
- W F Bushell, North West Astronomers : Jeremiah Horrocks (Liverpool, 1992).
- A Chapman, Jeremiah Horrocks and Much Hoole (Much Hoole, 1994).
- A Chapman, Three north country astronomers (1972).
- D Fernie, Setting Sail for the Universe: Astronomers and their Discoveries (Rutgers, 2002), 108-114.
- E Maor, June 8, 2004 : Venus in Transit (Princeton, 2000).
- D Sellers, The Transit of Venus: the Quest to Find the True Distance of the Sun (2001).
- A B Whatton, Memoir of the Life and Labours of the Reverend Jeremiah Horrox (1859).
- W Applebaum and R A Hatch, Boulliau, Mercator, and Horrocks's Venus in sole visa : three unpublished letters, J. Hist. Astronom. 14 (3) (1983), 166-179.
- V Barocas, A Country Curate, Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society 12 (1971), 179-182.
- W T Bulpit, Misconceptions concerning Jeremiah Horrocks, the Astronomer, The Observatory 27 (478) (1911), 335-337.
- A Chapman, Jeremiah Horrocks, the transit of Venus, and the 'New Astronomy' in early seventeenth-century England, Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society 31 (1996), 333-357.
- S B Gaythorpe, Horrocks's observations of the transit of Venus, 1639 November 24 (OS), Journal of the British Astronomical Association 47 (2) (1936), 60-68.
- S B Gaythorpe, Horrocks's observations of the transit of Venus, 1639 November 24 (OS) II : On the probable site from which the observations were made, Journal of the British Astronomical Association 64 (7) (1954), 309-315.
- H C Plummer, Jeremiah Horrocks and his Opera Posthuma, Notes and Records of the Royal Society 3 (1940-41), 39-52.
- C Wilson, On the origin of Horrocks's lunar theory, J. Hist. Astronom. 18 (2) (1987), 77-94.
- C Wilson, Corrigendum : 'On the origin of Horrocks's lunar theory', J. Hist. Astronom. 18 (3) (1987), 172.