References for Philip Kelland
- Biography in Dictionary of National Biography, v. XXX.
See THIS LINK.
- A D D Craik, Mr Hopkins' Men: Cambridge Reform and British Mathematics in the 19th Century (Cambridge 2007)
- Obituary notices by A Grant, P G Tait and G Chrystal, Proc. Roy. Soc. Edin. X (1878-80), 208-211, 321-329..
- A D D Craik, The origins of water-wave theory, Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech. (2002).
- G E Davie, The Democratic Intellect. (Edinburgh, 1961)
- Robert Louis Stevenson, Some College Memories, in Memories & Portraits.