References for Warren Weaver
- R Siegmund-Schultze, Rockefeller and the internationalization of mathematics between the two world wars: Documents and studies for the social history of mathematics in the 20th century (Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 2001).
- W Weaver, Scene of change. A lifetime in American science (1970).
- N Reingold, Warren Weaver, American National Biography 22 (Oxford, 1999), 838-841.
- L B Feffer, Mathematical physics and the planning of American mathematics : ideology and institutions, Historia Math. 24 (1) (1997), 66-85.
- Obituary : Warren Weaver, New York Times (25 November, 1978).
- L Owens, Mathematicians at war : Warren Weaver and the Applied Mathematics Panel, 1942 - 1945, in The history of modern mathematics, Vol. II, Poughkeepsie, NY, 1989 (Academic Press, Boston
- M Rees, The mathematical sciences and World War II, Amer. Math. Monthly 87 (8) (1980), 607-621.