References for Zu Geng
- J-C Martzloff, A history of Chinese mathematics (Berlin-Heidelberg, 1997).
- J-C Martzloff, Histoire des mathématiques chinoises (Paris, 1987).
- K Shen, J N Crossley and A W-C Lun, The nine chapters on the mathematical art : Companion and commentary (Beijing, 1999).
- D W Fu, Why did Liu Hui fail to derive the volume of a sphere?, Historia Math. 18 (3) (1991), 212-238.
- L Y Lam, and K S Shen, The Chinese concept of Cavalieri's principle and its applications, Historia Math. 12 (3) (1985), 219-228.
- S Lin, How to extend Geng Zhi Zu's axiom I (Chinese), Zhejiang Daxue Xuebao (1) (1980), 113-120.
- S Lin, How to extend Geng Zhi Zu's axiom II (Chinese), Zhejiang Daxue Xuebao (2) (1980), 119-124.
- J M Liu, The meaning of 'shi' and the principle of Liu and Zu (Chinese), Beijing Shifan Daxue Xuebao (1) (1988), 84-88.
- M K Siu, The story of calculus I, Math. Medley 23 (1) (1996), 28-32.