National Association of Mathematicians
- J L Houston, The History of NAM; the First Thirty Years (1969-1999) (National Association of Mathematicians, 2000).
- E Z Falconer, Views of an African American Woman on Mathematics Meetings, in A Century of Mathematical Meetings (American Mathematical Soc., 1996), 79-82.
- D M Hill, A personal history of the origins of the National Association of Mathematicians' "Presentations by Recipients of Recent Ph.D.'s", DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science 34 (1997), 187-.
- J L Houston, A Brief History of the National Association of Mathematicians, Inc. 1969 - NAM - 1999, in Nathaniel Dean, Cassandra M McZeal and Pamela J Williams (eds.), African Americans in Mathematics II: Fourth Conference for African-American Researchers in the Mathematical Sciences, June 16-19, 1998, Rice University
- A Nkwanta and J E Barber, African American Mathematicians and the Mathematical Association of America.
- A J Scavella, On the Mathematics Curriculum in Black Colleges, American Mathematical Monthly 77 (3) (1970), 297-298.