Committee Meeting Minutes for 1953
A meeting of the Committee of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in Hatfield College, Durham on September 9th 1953 at 9.0p.m.
- Professor J L Burchnall was appointed Chairman for the ensuing year.
- The minutes of the committee meeting held at Greenwich in 1952 were read and approved.
- It was decided that "following the Cambridge Colloquium the Chairman of the Organising Committee be also Chairman of the Colloquium".
- The following elections were made:
Chairman of the Organising Committee: Professor W V D HODGE,
Deputy Chairman of the Organising Committee: Dr P J HILTON,
Secretary and treasurer: Mr C B HASELGROVE.
Mr Haselgrove was co-opted on to the committee.
(A Deputy Chairman of the Organising Committee was elected as Professor Hodge could not be in Cambridge during the Colloquium).
- The programme for the 1954 Colloquium was discussed and it was agreed that one day should be devoted to each of, ALGEBRA, ANALYSIS and ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY in that order.
- It was suggested that the 1955 Colloquium should be in Exeter and that Professor T A Brown be asked to look into this matter. Failing that Edinburgh was mentioned.
- It was decided to send a telegram to Dr Relton regretting his absence from the Colloquium at Durham.