General Meeting Minutes for 1963
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Armstrong Lecture Theatre, Royal Military College of Science, Shrivenham on Thursday, 5th September 1963 at 2.00 p.m.
- Professor C J Tranter was in the chair.
- The minutes of the General Meeting held at Southampton in 1962 were read and approved.
- The chairman welcomed the guest speakers: Professors A Beurling and H Wielandt.
- The accounts for the Colloquium held at Southampton in 1962 were approved.
- Professor R L Goodstein invite the Colloquium to hold its next meeting at the University of Leicester in April, 1964. The invitation was received with acclamation.
- The following retired from the Committee:- Professor W H Cockcroft, Dr H B Griffiths, Professor G Higman, Professor G E H Reuter, Professor A G Walker, Dr E C Zeeman.
The following were elected to the Committee:- Dr I Adamson, Dr J F Adams, Dr R W Carter, Professor R L Goodstein, Dr P A Samet, Professor D B Scott.
- It was announced that the committee would meet at 9 p.m. that evening.
- Sir Edward Collingwood proposed a vote of thanks to the organizers of the Colloquium. It was agreed that the Chairman should write to the Commandant and Dean of the College expressing the appreciation of the Colloquium for the hospitality received.