General Meeting Minutes for 1982
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Main Arts Lecture Theatre of the University College of North Wales, Bangor on Thursday 1st April 1982 at 2.00 pm.
- Prof R Brown welcomed the Colloquium and the speakers to Bangor. He thanked the local organisers for their hard work.
- The minutes of the meeting held in Oxford were taken as read and signed by Prof Brown: no matters arose.
- The Accounts of the Oxford B.M.C. were accepted.
- There was a discussion on the Financial Memorandum from the Treasurer. It was stressed that information should be obtained from all Mathematics departments in the country on the support available to people wishing to attend the B.M.C. It was suggested that the L.M.S. Newsletter might be used for this purpose.
- On behalf of Prof Elliott, Dr J P Sproston invited the meeting to a B.M.C. in Hull from 7th to 11th April 1986: the invitation was accepted by acclamation.
- The following retired from the Committee: -
G R Allan, M F Atiyah, B Bollobas, C J Bushnell, C Kosniowski.
The following were elected to the Committee: -
J R Hubbuck, T W Korner, J P Sproston, C Mulvey, J Rose.
The following were nominated to the Committee by the L.M.S. and E.M.S.
R A Bailey (L.M.S.), P M Cohn (L.M.S.)
T A Gillespie (E.M.S.), M M Peterson (E.M.S.)
The remaining members of the Committee were: -
R J Archbold (1), R Brown (2), A R Camina (1), A W Chatters (1), I M James (3), H E Rose (2), D J Wright (1).
- It was agreed that in accord with precedence the auditors would continue to be the treasurers of the L.M.S. and E.M.S.
- Dr P Vámos asked that in future a packed lunch should be available as an alternative to a cooked meal.
- There were several questions raised about the forthcoming I.C.M. in Warsaw. Prof Johnson was able to answer some of the queries. The status of the meeting was still in doubt. The I.M.U. Executive Committee was currently meeting in Paris to consider the matter.