Parknasilla, Co. Kerry

Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles

The Parknasilla Hotel, near Sneem, west of Kenmare, Co. Kerry, is in the grounds formerly owned by Charles Graves (1812-1899), Professor of Mathematics at Trinity College Dublin in 1843-1862, then Bishop of Limerick, Ardfert and Aghadoe in 1866-1869. Graves' house was the original hotel for a few years from 1895 and was then used as a staff house. It was renovated in 1990 and is again in use as a staff house. It is called the Bishop's House and is about 100 yards along the small road just to the right of the entrance to the hotel. There is a plaque on the wall by the road. [1].

References (show)

  1. Bailey, Bernadine. American Shrines in England. A. S. Barnes, South Brunswick and New York & Thomas Yoseloff, London, 1977. K.C. p.72

The Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles was created by David Singmaster.
The original site is at THIS LINK.