Twyford, Hampshire

Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles


Twyford House, Twyford, was owned by Jonathan Shipley, Bishop of St Asaph. In 1768, Benjamin Franklin came here and wrote the first part of his Autobiography. [1]; [2]


References (show)

  1. Eastman, John. Who Lived Where in Europe: A Biographical Guide to Homes and Museums. Facts on File, NY, 1985. p.202
  2. Bailey, Bernadine. American Shrines in England. A. S. Barnes, South Brunswick and New York & Thomas Yoseloff, London, 1977. B. p.90

The Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles was created by David Singmaster.
The original site is at THIS LINK.